I picked up one of my daughters from school yesterday and noticed how sore her lips were. She has had an awful cold for the last couple of days and this changing weather doesn’t really help.
So many factors can contribute to dry lips such as the weather and central heating. Moisture is lost from the lips and it is important to retain hydration.
You really have to look after your lips because if you don’t they can become quite sore and unsightly when they become chapped and dry.
Here are 7 special tips to look after your precious lips:-
- Drink lots of water. This hydrates both your body and your lips.
- Use a lip balm which contains shea butter, beeswax or cocoa butter. These ingredients have beautiful moisturizing qualities which leave the lips feeling soft and hydrated.
- When you go out, use your scarf to cover your face. This means less exposure to the elements and your lips maintain their moisture.
- Do not lick your lips when you are out and about as the wind takes away the moisture. Additionally the enzymes in your saliva can break down the protective barrier of the skin.
- Use a humidifier. The air inside your homes can also be dry. A humidifier can introduce moisture back into the air.
- Maintain a healthy diet and fitness regime. If you don’t have a strong immune system it could result in you having cold sores. Cold sores are viruses and viruses like nothing better than a weakened immune system. So be sure to eat properly to keep them at bay.
- Do not pick the skin around the lips because this irritates the skin and it can lead to cold sores if you are already prone to them.
- If you do wear lipstick, look for one which is hydrating and contains Vitamin E. Some matte lipsticks dry out the lips therefore it is important to use a lipstick which maintains the moisture in your lips.
Do you suffer with dry chapped lips?
Would you like gorgeous looking lips?
Then visit www.melslittleluxuries.co.uk to see the selection of lip balms which will leave your lips feeling soft and richly hydrated.