My Top 6 Oils and Butters for Skin Care
We are really blessed to be surrounded by natural products which are fantastic for caring for our skin. My particular favourite ingredients to use are oils and butters which are naturally found in seeds and kernels from plants. Here is my list of top oils and butters:-
- Coconut oil – this fantastic oil eliminates germs. It has antifungal, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties which sooth the skin and is known to prevent dryness and irritation. Coconut oil is great for eczema and psoriasis.
- Cocoa butter- this is produced from the cacao bean. When it is rubbed into the skin, it acts as a protective barrier ensuring that you do not lose skin moisture. It is an antioxidant which helps to prevent dry skin and improves the appearance of wrinkles, stretch marks and scars.
- Jojoba oil – this gorgeous rich oil can be found in body butters, lip balms and many skin products. It is a source of proteins and minerals and has antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is great for vegetarian and vegans. This oil, which is actually a liquid wax, has been known to help with skin complaints such as psoriasis, eczema and dryness. I love using it in body butters as it leaves the skin feeling silky and moisturised.
- Mango butter – this butter is derived from the kernel of the fruit. Mango butter has healing qualities and has been known to help with wounds, rough skin, scars and eczema.
- Olive oil – you will probably have heard of this particular oil for its use in cooking and it is well known to play an important role in the Mediterranean diet. However this oil can be found in many beauty products. It is abundant with vitamins such as A and E. It has been said that this oil has healing properties and therefore helps with burns, inflammation, arthritis, wounds and dry skin.
- Shea butter – I tend to use this beautiful butter in a number of my products. It is a rich emollient which leaves the skin beautifully moisturised. It improves the appearance of the skin which is why it is used for diminishing the look of scars, burns and stretchmarks. This is my favourite ingredient and you can find this in my Citrus Delight Whipped Body Butter
Take advantage of these natural ingredients when buying your beauty products as they can greatly enhance the appearance of your skin.