10 Tips for Beautiful Healthy Nails
Are you fed up of chipped, dry and constantly breaking nails? Here are 10 useful tips which will hopefully improve the look and condition of your nails:
- Use a nail strengthener which adds shine and protects the nail
- File gently with an emery board or crystal glass file and do this in one direction
- Wear gloves when doing the washing up as it protects both the hand and nails
- Use acetone-free nail polish removers as they are gentle on the nails
- Apply hand and nail cream every time you wash your hands as this hydrates them
- Oils can be great for hydrating nails. Sweet almond oil or Neem oil are great for moisturising the nails. Neem oil is said to contain ancient healing properties
- Vitamin D is linked with improved nail growth and is a contributor to healthy nails, skin, teeth and bones. Try to find vitamin D in milk and cereals which have been fortified with the nutrient. Vitamin D is also said to be found in eggs, beef liver and fatty fish sources. Your diet is so important in looking after your nails. Eat oily fish, nuts and seeds
- Use a magnesium supplement which combines with calcium to give you strong nails. Also use omega 3 fatty acid which is important for most of the body and brain function including healthy nails and skin
- Silica is a mineral which has been said to nourish the nails and carries nutrients to the nail bed. Try to incorporate this into your diet.
- Keep nails dry and clean. This prevents bacteria from growing under your fingernails. Repeated or prolonged contact with water can contribute to split fingernails.