Want To Know 10 Secret Benefits of Drinking Green Tea?
Have you noticed just how many people are replacing regular tea and coffee with green tea? I recently went into a “coffee” shop to hear a customer order a healthy concoction of chamomile and green tea. In addition, when you look around the shop shelves, green tea is appearing in different flavours to make it more appealing to customers. I have to say that I am a bit of a coffee addict but out of curiosity I tried Twining’s Fudge Green Tea to see what the “Green Tea Craze” was all about. I was impressed with the gorgeous fudge aroma which didn’t have an overpowering sweet taste. It was actually a pleasant change to what I usually drink. I ask myself just what the benefits of drinking green tea are. So, here they are:
- It has been said to be anti-aging. This is due to antioxidant and anti-inflammatory qualities
- Anti-viral and anti-bacterial
- Relaxing and tranquilizing due to the ingredient “Theanine” which combats depression
- Has been said to protect against some cancers
- The tea contains “catechin” which destroys bacteria and viruses which cause throat infections and dental caries therefore it’s great for prevention of tooth decay and bad breath
- Improves cholesterol levels
- Studies have shown that it delays the deterioration of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Combats diabetes. Green tea has been said to regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This means that high insulin spikes and fat storage are prevented
- Helps with weight loss. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
- Aids with brain function
With all these benefits, who can resist trying it as part of your health regime!