The Wonders of Bee Pollen!
This is a photo of me enjoying the summer.
Well, what's the big deal some of you may be asking.
Up until a couple of years ago, I used to fear the summer months. Whilst most people enjoyed being out in the sun, I seemed to get the ‘Summer Sniffles’. I would enviously watch as others would enjoy picnics sitting on the grass or playing with their young families.
I on the other hand would experience watery, itchy eyes, a runny nose and constant sneezing. I tried all sorts of prescribed medication, but they never seem to help. Well that’s until recently.
A good friend of mine recommended bee pollen.
I personally noted after starting the tablets, that my typical symptoms seemed to disappear. I usually have to wear my sunglasses to protect my eyes from grass pollen. For the first time in years I could actually leave my glasses off and my eyes were not streaming. Even the sneezing stopped. I couldn’t believe it. Best of all, I didn’t feel as tired and drained. The symptoms often left me feeling exhausted.
So what is bee pollen?
Bee pollen is made by the honeybee and is also the food of young bees. It contains nearly all the nutrients that humans need and is rich in proteins and vitamins.
Bee pollen has numerous advantages but here are my favourite five benefits:-
- Energy booster – Because bee pollen is packed with rich nutrients, it is a fantastic natural energy booster which fights off tiredness and boosts your stamina.
- It has great soothing qualities - Helps with skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. The amino acids and vitamins protect the skin and help with cell regeneration.
- Looks after the respiratory system – Bee pollen contains a high quantity of antioxidants that have been noted to have a positive effect on the lining of the lungs which means that the onset of asthma is reduced.
- Brilliant for dealing with allergies – Research has shown that the pollen seems to reduce the presence of histamine which has meant that some allergies disappear. This confirmed that bee pollen was effective in respect of respiratory diseases.
- Aids the Digestive System – Bee pollen contains enzymes which help the body in getting all the nutrients that we need from food that we need.
If you want an allergy free summer, I would definitely recommend Bee Pollen.
Send me a personal message on my Facebook Page Mel’s Little Luxuries, if you would like to find out more about Bee Pollen.