Stretch marks are a common thing. You see them on the tops of thighs, tummys, chests and arms. They usually appear because the skin has stretched quite rapidly. Examples of this would be where there is a pregnancy, obesity and often it can be put down to genetics. The elastic fibres found under the skin’s surface break and stretch marks appear.
Some people find them unsightly and are desperate to get rid of them. Others might consider them to be a badge of honour and aren’t frightened or embarrassed to show them off.
Many people are curious as to how to get rid of stretch marks in a natural way so, here are my 5 natural tips to enhance the appearance of stretch marked skin: -
Aloe vera – This plant is bursting with nutrients, minerals and vitamins which all promote enhancing the skin so that it appears even toned and vibrant. It has anti-inflammatory qualities which means that it is healing and soothing. You can simply apply it to the area. Leave it for a few minutes and remove with lukewarm water.
Olive Oil – This beautiful oil is rich in antioxidants and nutrients. It is superb for improving the appearance of the skin. Warm the olive oil slightly and rub it gently onto the affected area. You will notice that with continued use, the blood circulation will improve and the stretch marks improve.
Cocoa Butter – I love cocoa butter. It’s one of my personal favourites. It is fabulous for anti-wrinkling and has anti-aging properties. Twice a day, massage the cocoa butter into the affected area. If you keep this up for 2 months, you will notice the scars will reduce.
Almond Oil – Almond oil is a great source of vitamin E which helps with the development of the skin and its elasticity. Over time you will notice that the skin’s texture will improve and the appearance of stretch marks will improve.
Potato Juice – Naturally, Potatoes are packed with minerals and vitamins. These can assist with the growth and repair of the skin cells. The juice can help to eliminate stretch marks. Simply cut the potatoes into thick slices and just rub it onto the skin for 5 to 10 minutes. Once the juice dries on your skin, let it stay for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
So why don’t you choose one of these natural treatments to improve your skin. With persistent and consistent use, you should notice a change to your skin.
If you are interested in having radiant and healthy looking skin, why not go to my website Mel’s Little Luxuries and view my gorgeous Citrus Delight Whipped Body Butter http://www.melslittleluxuries.co.uk/collections/skincare .
The shea butter content leaves the skin with a beautiful and healthy sheen. It is a great emollient which means that the skin is nourished and fabulously moisturized.
No one has the same type of skin and you have to be careful about what you use. A lot of the products out there on the market are quite harsh and can cause additional problems which is a big no no. In particular, with oily skin, you may find that pores are becoming blocked with toxins and this results in breakouts. So here are 7 tips on how to deal with Oily skin: -
- Avoid oily creams which block the pores and lead to further irritation
- Use only gentle water soluble cleansers.
- Avoid harsh toners which can strip the skin which accelerates further problems with oil production.
- Often manufacturers use ingredients with benzyl peroxide which has the potential to be an allergen. This in turn means that a skin irritation is caused. So make sure that the product you are using does not contain it.
- Don’t use soap bars. Sometimes the ingredients in the bar can leave a residue on the skin which blocks the pores. Occasionally it can also result in dryness to the skin.
- Use a clay mask. This is great for absorbing the excess oils in the skin. Fuller’s Earth is also another type of clay which does the same job.
- If possible, use a face mask which helps with detoxifying the skin and unblocking the pores. The beauty of a face mask is that it helps with cleansing and toning so that moisturizing products can work more effectively. As a result, you are left with vibrant and healthy looking skin. A face mask is also great for exfoliation and deep cleansing so that pimples and blemishes are treated.
Did you know that tomatoes are a fantastic way to deal with oily skin? They contain fruit acids which are fab for getting rid of blackheads to which oily skin are prone. It’s unbelievable to think that they brighten dull skin by loosening the skin surface cells. Simply slice a ripe tomato thickly and lie down. Apply the slices to your face and leave for a few minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
Another great natural way of dealing with oily skin is by making your own natural toner out of tea! Make a tea by combining 2 tablespoons of dried chamomile with 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary. Strain the herbs and bottle in the fridge. When you apply it to the skin, just use cotton wool. It is beautifully gentle and cleanses well.
So What About Enlarged Pores?
Various factors can cause your pores to become enlarged. Age, sun damage and clogged pores are just some of the examples. You cannot physically alter the size of pores but you can enhance their appearance by doing 3 simple natural things: -
- Make a face mask consisting of 2 egg whites which have been beaten with the juice from a squeezed lemon. Spread it on your face and leave it for 10 minutes or until it dries. Rinse off with cool water. You can do this a couple of times a week for the month.
- Get an ice cube and put it in a clean towel and hold it on your skin for 15-30 seconds. This has a tightening effect on the skin and improves the appearance.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of baking soda with lukewarm water to make a paste. Apply it to the skin in a circular motion. Rinse off with water. You can do this for 5-7 days and then reduce this to 3-5 days a week.
Why not email me at email@example.com if you would like me to give more tips about a particular skin topic.
These are all natural ways of dealing with oily skin, but if you find that the problem worsens, please seek medical advice.