Posted on October 13, 2015 by Melanie Brown
Well you have probably seen lots of bath fizzies or bath bombs in a few of your beauty shops and wondered what’s the big deal about them.
They are quite simply a bath treat. You put them in the water and they just fizz away. My children love them especially when I make them in the shapes of their favourite characters.
I usually add in shea butter for its hydrating qualities. It nourishes and moisturizes the skin leaving it with a soft and silky feel.
But bath bombs can have other uses:-
1. A D.I.Y spa at home – dim the lights and put out a few relaxing candles to enhance your mood. The scents from the bath bombs will make you feel as if you are in a luxury spa environment.
2. They are great for sinus relief. If you can buy a bath bomb with eucalyptus oil, it is great for colds and relieving blocked noses.
3. Bath bombs can be fabulous for aromatherapy. These products usually contain essential oils which are great for enhancing moods, and dealing with anxiety, stress and depression.
Here are a few suggestions of helpful essential oils:-
• Lavender essential oils are good for helping with depression and stress.
• Rose essential oils are also renowned for helping with depression as well as having a fragrant sweet scent.
• Lemon oil is refreshing and uplifting.
• Peppermint aids with headaches and nausea.
I even have a few friends who love their bath bombs so much, that they refuse to use them and put them on a lovely display dish just so that the environment takes on the fragrance of their treat.
If you love bath bombs or are looking for a gift for friends or family, pop over to this link to see the range at Mel’s Little Luxuries:-